Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Toonces

Toonces was the best friend I ever had. She was the love of my life. She was always there for me when I was going through some of the toughest times of my life. She could always put a smile on my face. All I had to do is look at her and I knew I was loved. It has been four months since she passed away and I still can't believe she is gone. She was twenty years old when she died and it broke my heart to lose her. She was a combination tortoise shell and tabby and was the sweetest cat in the world. She can never be replaced and will always have a place in my heart. We named her Toonces after the driving cat on Saturday Night Live in the 80's. My oldest daughter's boyfriend at the time came up with the name. My daughter just celebrated her 37th birthday. Time goes by so fast-those years have flown by.
We just returned from a wonderful cruise vacation. Before we left, a kitty was in the alley and I called Kitty-Kitty and he came running. Before the vacation we left food and water for our new friend. We were gone for two weeks and were not sure if he would still be around when we came home. When we pulled up to the house, Groucho was sitting on the loveseat on our front porch. Thank you, Toonces for showing Groucho the way to our home.

1 comment:

Indy said...

That was so sweet. And now you have Ty. Can't keep the cats away from 711.